This is in Dam Square the main plaza in Amsterdam.
The "old church" built in the red light district to allow sinning sailors to be saved after or even before sinning....if you paid enough.
Monument to the red light district. Haha
We took a walking tour...in case you're wondering how I know all of these things! Hahaha it was 3 hours with a great guide! And it was FREE! Some canal pics along the way...
This is a panorama of the East Indies trading company!
People used to have these tiles on the front of their homes instead of house numbers that basically said who they were and what they did.
A really cool painting done with cloth in a walk through hallway basically but it was a tiny art museum.
I met Marc Jacobs!!!!...Well kind of...Beautiful church gardens. Shared by a Catholic and a Protestant church right across from each other!
Later that night we took another free tour but this time was through the red light district. Which was a very informative tour! Haha on the bright side I learned the ins and outs of how it all works which actually made you appreciate things more. This is the only pic I could take without being jumped or having my phone smashed by a pretty lady lol.
Then bright and early the next morning we went to the Anne frank house and tried to get tourist pics on the way....all of us were still asleep...clearly. Note that NO ONE is on the streets lol they were smart and stayed asleep.
Then we went for breakfast at the pancake house!!!! I got a Mexican pancake (both pancake with Mexican flavors, everything I'm missing at once!)
Later that night after a failed attempt at going to the Van Gogh museum we went to the REAL iamsterdam sign!
And I foolishly forgot to take pictures of our awesome appt. so sorry. Hopefully someone else will post them and I can share them with you!
In conclusion the fact that we didn't get to see the Van Gogh museum means we have to go back. Haha OH WELL!













































No comments:
Post a Comment