Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Second but definitely not going to be my last day in Rome

So in the morning I decided I was allowed to sleep in a little even though, yes I know I was in Rome, but I was EXHAUSTED! And I had to repack to head off to Poland! So I decided to take a walking tour that starts in the early evening and goes into the night. Here are some pictures from that!


I love how in Europe random palm trees just exist in such random places. The following pics kind of suck but I was just loving everything about what was around me.



Spanish steps!


Spanish nativity village! Cus Spain does it right.


Spain in Italy.

Soo turns out you figure out your studying in the right country when you get wayyyyyy excited to see a Spanish flag and Spanish embassy and all you want to do is go speak Spanish with the guards.
Now we're officially on the walking tour.

Creepy stalker photo but those two in the picture got engaged in front of the Trevi fountain in front of my eyes!!! So cute and so happy!
Love the sky in this picture.

I'm fairly positive the following few pics are from Piazza Michelangelo. Sorry if I'm wrong!
The colosseum from afar!



Horrible pics because the lighting was bad and obviously it was at night but this was an amazing view of roman ruins!




Those lighted columns I believe are the remains of the temple built for Athena.

It was cool you could see the different layers of ruins they were excavating.

And we made it to the enormous colosseum! 

A fun fact I learned was that the holes all over the colosseum are where hooked used to be holding the enormous slabs of marble on the outside. Can you imagine that giant of a building covered in marble!!! Incredible! 

It was too bad they were working on this. A lot of the colosseum was being repaired as well.


While on the tour I met some nice girls and I invited them to have dinner with me at a place recommended by the very own Dr.Berkey and trip adviser. We had some AMAZINGG pizza.
 Drooling yet? Salami and mushrooms. I was in heaven.
The one below was a popular choice as well. Olives, and artichoke, mushrooms...oh my god. Amazing.  
After dinner we split up and on my walk home I happened to see this sign, it was only a 5 minute walk!!!! Hahaha and it is considered the best Giolitti ever....  
Agreed.
It was a great end to an amazing adventure in Italy. Now off to the north!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment