If you are reading this there is a 100% chance that you have contributed to me living here in Spain in one way or another and I literally cannot thank you enough. Your support, your donations, your love, and your encouragement has been more than I could have ever asked for. So keep it coming! Haha just kidding! (But donations are always welcome :P)
If I someone asked me what has been my favorite place so far, I couldn't give a solid answer. Each trip and adventure has its own special meaning for me. Amsterdam was with amazing friends, Germany was with family. Italy and Poland I conquered on my own. And Spain is a new adventure every single day.
If someone asked me what has your time in Bilbao been like and what do you think about living here so far? And trust me I've tried to come up with a non-cliche answer...but this is my honest answer: Spain has stolen my heart and my time here is utterly and truly indescribable. I think that's why this blog is mostly pictures, one because there are not enough words to describe every single life changing or just what I get to consider my daily life. (Second reason being my writing in English sucks and has gotten worse thinking in Spanish all the time :D )
Bilbao has become my home it's a part of who I am now and while at first everything was new and exciting and different now it's just an exciting part of my daily life. My host family feels like my family and the people in the usac office feel as though I've n own them forever and they've helped raise me like proud parents. Haha the change that they have seen in me not only in my speaking abilities but in my personality is something that I can also see in myself.
The person I am now is not the person I was 5 months ago. I mean shit! I traveled Europe ALONE! I've challenged myself to go out of my comfort zone more than I ever imagined possible. And I've learned that I can actually do it. I can go up to someone completely random and ask them for directions or to join me for pizza in Rome. I feel more assertive, I feel more self aware, and I feel more accomplished.
While times have been hard here and I've definitely missed home, and had new friends leave me as quickly as they came. I've learned how to balance my life that I can keep all of those relationships new and old. If they mean something to me I make it work. And the best part is that I know see and believe that those people want to keep in touch with me too. I know see the impact I can make on a person is as much as an impact they made on me.
Bilbao is fantastic it's the best decision I've ever made in my life. And I can't wait to see what the second semester bring me. I love who I'm becoming and I love all of you!
Happy New Year! :) <3 :)
Fall Semester
Spain 2013-2014
No comments:
Post a Comment