Thursday, December 26, 2013

Florence Days 2 & 3!

So the second day I began by going to the Ufizi Art Gallery. And that was such an amazing experience! I saw so many amazing works of art that you usually just see in textbooks and postcards! So cool! 

This is a view out of the gallery in the hallway.


Then I went outside and back across the bridge to find some food! It was so beautiful out!





I got kind of selfie crazy these two days...haha I got worried I wasn't in enough of the pictures I was actually taking! Haha so whoops!
I ended up at "Me gusta pizza" a famous place that you share tables with whomever has room to squeeze you at their table and they only have about 6 different pizza options...they're that good!
Mine had salami and mozzarella and tomato sauce and some ricotta as well! 
After lunch I walked back along the river to find Piazza Michelangelo which is said to have the best views of Firenze! 



Halfway up in a rose garden.
Made it to the top! It was as amazing if not more than expected!













After that I went to a small Christmas market and then walked back toward where I was staying to find some food.


I ended up picking a place with a good location but unfortunately not good food. I had a subpar pasta carbonara. But it was warm and hearty.
The next day (my last full day) I decided to explore more neighborhoods further away from the heart of Florence. 
I could not have gotten better weather!
And sorry about all the river pics. It was just too pretty!!!
And I figured that if I stayed by the river id be able to get back to where I needed to be by looking for the cathedral and following the water back to the gold bridge. Hahaha



This is when I realized I had gone too far away and needed to get my behind back inside the walls! Haha 



To end my stay I went to a nice restaurant recommended to me by a professor at USAC who had taught outside of Florence for a while as well. He said I had to go here and ask for a particular waiter because it would be the best food and service combined you'd have in your life. I'd say it was a good recommendation! Haha here we are!
And for dinner I had half cheese ravioli in like a walnut pesto and carrot sauce AMAZING and half pear and cheese ravioli I WAS DYING SO AMAZING!
Then I splurged and went for desert and had an apple and strawberry crumble pie. Also....AMAZING!
That night I said goodbye to Florence because the next morning I had to get up and make my way back to Rome!





No comments:

Post a Comment