Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Winter Adventure Part 1: Florence

Florence was amazing! So beautiful and so delicious! Haha I had a great time finding my way around, luckily Florence is very walkable. So I never got too lost. Turns out I do know how to successfully read a map!

These are pictures from the days I spent there, I literally think I was able to see almost all that there is! Haha not always by choice...haha but hey I saw things somehow!

This is the view I arrive to after I made it to Florence from Spain! I died.




What I had for dinner the first night! <3
Then I went wondering checking out the nearby streets! So cute!

Breakfast the next day. I loved me some tomato mozzarella! 
This day first I went to see the statue of David which was an amazing museum I really enjoyed it. And then I went to the main food market in Florence. 
Look at the fresh pasta!!!
And dried fruits.
Veggies! So colorful!
Need some "fresh" meat?


Look at this Italian store I walked by! 

There were so many small plazas its impossible to keep track!
Santa Maria Novela 
Bikes seem to be a popular form of transportation....
Inside Santa Maria Novela







Inside the basilica of SMN


I always light a candle for my family. 



Then I thought it would be a good idea to check out the main cathedral from the first pictures.
And it was! So beautiful! 


But then I decided to go up to the top of the bell tower....I thought I had made it up all the way at this point...WRONG.
I mean it's a good view already!


So I went up the next level...still not done
More eye level with the dome now
You'd think this is a top view! Wrong.



Not yet!!!

Still going up!!!
Finally after about 400 steps...I MADE IT
That's a view!

Yay! Now after David, SMN, and the tower, it was time for some food!

After a small break I still had a ticket good to see the top of the dome now rather than the tower. So of course I had to use it. Regardless of what my legs said. 
I walked to the top of both! I think the dome was even higher.












Then I walked around some more that night looking for dinner. Ended up wandering all the way to the famous bridge that was COVERED with gold jewelry stores.
Shoes that I might need in my life.

On the bridge at night!
Anchors! And carpe diem....seemed appropriate  :)
And everyone seems to love PITT!
It's like I was meant to go to Italy!
Finally for dinner after a long search I ended up and a very traditional Italian kitchen and oh my gosh was it amazing.
I started with mushroom risotto 
And then second plate was a beef tomato stew.

Day one as packed full! I need a second post for day two! Soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment