Sunday, September 1, 2013

Exploring Madrid

On day one we went to different places around Madrid. Below is a picture of a statue dedicated to Cervantes. He's a pretty big deal here in Spain. 
There are a lot of these statues hanging out of windows....it became hard to tell who was real and who wasn't. 
The first thing we did was go to el museo del prado. I couldn't take any pictures but here we saw some amazing and famous paintings. It was amazing. 
A pretty church outside of the museo del Prado. 
Some pictures of the view on our walk to la plaza royal. 



And then we entered the plaza mayor in Madrid. I honestly felt like I was straight out of a scene from mom's favorite movie, Summertime. 



Next on our walking tour we saw the church where the famous walk, el camino,  dedicated to the Patron Saint James begins. We couldn't go inside there were services happening. (It's not such a great picture)
And finally we went to la plaza royal! The picture with the huge crane is actually the cathedral. But it's part of the same plaza. And is equally famous. Again I could not take pictures inside of the palace...but can you say EXTRAVAGANT?! and sliiiiiightly over the top. 


This is the view from the plaza. 
Then finally after a short siesta my roommate for Madrid Megan and I went to a discoteca! 


No comments:

Post a Comment