Wednesday, September 4, 2013

We made it to Bilbao!!!

Finally we made it to Bilbao after a solid 5 hour bus ride. I got off of the bus and my host mom greets me by saying "wow you're white" after I spent an entire summer being a nanny and taking walks outside to avoid this comment. Hahaha oh well. According to her, castilians are direct and they curse...A LOT. Needless to say its been fun getting to know them.  

After over sleeping the first day of orientation and arriving over an hour late, USAC took us on a tour around Bilbao. 

Look! "El Poopy!" Or the puppy as those of us with a non-Spanish accent would say. Literally the best moment of my life. A giant flower puppy. What could be better? Answer: NOTHING. Oh yeah, behind is the Guggenheim museum. :)


The next day after orientation the surfing class began, which I'm not taking. However, I took the opportunity to spend they day at the beach! Jealous? Well it gets better. I live AT the beach. Literally I see it from my balcony. Sorry....I just can't get over that!

Amigos del surf!






 


No comments:

Post a Comment